With EoE, Allergies, Asthma and a G-Tube


We ventured out today.
I packed Gage’s next feed and some lunch for Tinleigh. I had a thermos of coffee.
Mind you it was 11 degrees and the wind was BLOWING.
We stuffed our huge coat bundled up selves in the car. I quickly learned that Tinleigh HATES wearing her snow boots. She had them kicked off in 2 minutes, maybe less.


A quick car ride and we arrive at our first stop. Apparently people don’t like to shop around here on cold days. We were one of 3 cars in the parking lot. I parked as close as I could and out we went. By the time we got inside Tinleigh was screaming. She did not like that cold wind one bit. I don’t blame her. She also managed to throw off one of her little mittens into the parking lot. So I dumped them in a cart while the check out girl talked to them so I could grab it really quick. Through the store and out we went. Gage begged me the entire time to go to the pet store next door. So we threw my purse and our bag in the car then turned and ran to the pet store. Again, Tinleigh was screaming. Poor baby. I need to figure out what people do with babies around here. Maybe the sign of no one being out was telling me I should just stay home. While in the pet store I witnessed what may have been the cutest thing ever. Tinleigh was watching a parrot. The parrot started watching her. Then the parrot heard the music playing in the store so he started dancing. Tinleigh noticed the parrot dancing and she started dancing. A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E.
We then went to meet daddy and check out his new office. By the time we were done it was time to hook up Gage and Tinleigh ate her lunch in the car. I was starving too. Typically I will just wait until I get home. I hate getting fast food anymore in front of the kids. Today though my stomach was growling like crazy. So I went through Wendy’s. I got a spicy chicken sandwich. We head home and I open up my sandwich. Gage asks “What smells so good?”. I told him it was my sandwich. He then asked what kind. I told him it was spicy chicken and it would be too hot for him. We discussed “spicy” for a little while and came to the conclusion he wouldn’t want anything spicy until he’s a grown up. He went on talking about how good my sandwich smelled. He sure did wish he could eat a sandwich. Then I had to put my sandwich away. He started telling me about what kind of sandwich he’s going to make when he’s allowed to eat food again. He’s not sure what kind of meat he’ll be allowed to have but he’s going to pile on tomatoe, lettuce, cheese, pickles then more cheese and pickles and make it super tall. He went on for 5 minutes talking about his fictional sandwich. It make me so sad. I can’t imagine being in his shoes. He has no control over what he’s fed. He takes his feedings like a champ. I can only imagine the thoughts going through his head when he watches us eating.  He still wants to eat so bad. I know he felt like crap there at the end before he got the tube but he must have forgotten. I wish I could get a button too just so I could  truly go through this with him.

January 22, 2013 - Posted by | LIVING


  1. It will get better….It will get better…just keep reminding yourself. YOU can’t punish yourself for not having the disease, you still have to take care of YOU, so that you can take care of THEM. You can do this, mama…I have faith in you! Hugs!


    Comment by Jessica | January 23, 2013 | Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: